Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to prioritize work tasks to provide high quality work product to timely meet internal and external deadlines with minimal oversight
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are a fundamental job requirement
- Provide timely input and support to update and maintain database and reports on compliance and contract matters
- Obtain feedback from General Counsel on quality and scope of legal services
- Keep up to date on developments in relevant subject matter areas including pharmaceutical industry contracting best practices and anti-kickback laws
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree with relevant work experience
- 5+ years paralegal experience in industry, law firm or Corporate Legal department
- Experience in pharmaceutical/medical device company is preferred, but not required.
- Complete understanding and use of paralegal concepts and principles.
- Some background or exposure to compliance.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Work independently.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of basic contract law and the legal concepts associated with specific legal needs.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and digest legal opinions, legislation, and legal publications.
- Exercise initiative and sound judgment; Use legal terminology, prepare legal documents, and follow legal procedures.
- Locate and identify legal opinions, court decisions, and legislation.
- Knowledge of: Legal terminology; Records and files organization and use; Basic contract law concepts.
Alimera Sciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer EEO/AA and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. M/F/V/D
NO AGENCY CALL OR EMAILS