Summary Description of Position
The Director of Marketing is a medical marketing role and is a core marketing owner and driver of the success for the ILUVIEN Brand. This role requires marketing strategy development and oversight while contributing to and influencing all facets of Sales and Marketing within the department including: Marketing and Budgeting Plan Development, Medical Communications, Advocacy Development, Public Relations and Sales Materials and Training.
Development and Management of the ILUVIEN Brand Strategy
- Maintain market expertise including in-depth knowledge of competitor products and strategies, market trends and dynamics, market/franchise critical success factors, and customer needs
- Develop strategies to address product performance opportunities and issues
- Develop and update annual marketing plans/strategies including, customer segmentation and targeting, product positioning, competitive assessments, and SWOT or other situation assessment
- Take a leadership role on project teams to work closely with the project manager to drive accountability and team achievement of goals and milestones.
- Manage creative agencies to plan, develop, and execute new materials.
- Partner with regulatory colleagues in the review and negotiation of materials to ensure competitiveness, accuracy, and compliance
Medical Communications and Advocacy Development
- Develop and deploy professional content leveraging ILUVIEN data
- Work with clinical team to develop and drive strategic publication and promotional initiatives supporting ILUVIEN Real World Data/Experience
- Identify and develop strategy for deployment of ILUVIEN peer-to-peer programs
- Management of installed programs such as the ILUVIEN Speakers’ Bureau management
- Management of Speakers ILUVIEN professional speakers: Identify, develop training strategy and execute for new and retained speakers
- Develop advocate strategies and nurture/grow advocacy base
Manage and Assess Brand Share of Voice Through Market Research
- Develop and manage market research ATU
- Develop online surveys to assess effectiveness of messaging and customer input about the brand
- Analyze data and provide feedback for brand and positioning direction
- Develop and execute non-HCP research (i.e., patient and administrator)
- Develop and manage KPI to assess effectiveness of brand messaging
- Increase awareness and continual adoption of ILUVIEN and CONTNUOUS MICRODOSING by initiating PR programs targeted to both Trade and Consumer Media
- Leverage consumer and trade media
- Drive consumer media (broadcast and print) about ILUVIEN
- Drive and influence trade media
Voice of Patient/Consumer Messaging
- Develop core brand patient message architecture aligned to strategic priorities and patient needs
- Identify critical elements for initiatives/ promotions designed to achieve desired Consumer behavior
- Make strategic choices when prioritizing & collaborating with Agencies, Patient Advocacy Groups, and Multi-Channel Marketing Partners to utilize best practices
- Experience in marketing strategy and tactic design with an ability to communicate ideas to internal partners and external agencies
- Establish and maintains accountabilities for tactical execution and performance
- Understanding of media and digital channels in pharmaceutical
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field and 5+ years of relevant experience in an advertising or marketing position preferred.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal and organizational skills. Must have strong working knowledge of presentation and spreadsheet software. Professional appearance and presentation. Detail oriented and highly organized. Persuasive and impactful public speaker.
Alimera Sciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer EEO/AA and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed