Beware of Fraudulent Recruitment Scams
- The perpetrators often ask recipients to complete fraudulent recruitment documentation, such as application forms, terms and conditions of employment or visa forms.
- The Alimera Sciences logo may be featured on the documentation and it may contain names of real Alimera employees.
- There is frequently an early request for personal information such as address details, date of birth, resume, passport details, bank details, etc.
- Candidates are requested to contact other companies/individuals such as lawyers, bank officials, travel agencies, courier companies, visa/immigration processing agencies etc.
- Email correspondence is often sent to and from free web email accounts such as Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, etc.
- The perpetrators frequently use mobile telephone numbers instead of official company numbers.
- The perpetrators may ask the candidate to pay a fee for travel, accommodations, visa applications, etc.
- There is an insistence on urgency for the applicant to act on the correspondence received.
- Save the original and complete emails/messages from the perpetrator.
- Contact your local police or legal authority and provide them with all information you have to aid investigation.
- Do not respond to unsolicited business propositions or offers of employment from unfamiliar people.
- Do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
- Do not send any money or transfer payments. Alimera does not ask for any form of payment from applicants to secure a job.
- Verify the validity of suspicious offers by contacting HR@alimerasciences.com.
Alimera Sciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer EEO/AA and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. M/F/V/D
The current EEO poster can be viewed at: